This tutorial shows you how to add an accordion to a FAQ category archive page of frequently asked questions and answers. The “accordion” exposes only the questions (the post titles) and hides all the answers (the post content). When you click on a question the answer is displayed (the accordion opens). Click again on the question again and the answer disappears (the accordion closes) .
Create Your FAQ Category
Add a new category, and call it FAQ. Or if you have multiple FAQs you may have a Beginners FAQs, Product Specific FAQs, however many you need.
Create A Post For Each Frequently Asked Question
When you want to add a question and answer then create a new post. The title of the post is the question and put the answer in the content of the post. Add the post to the relevant FAQ category before saving.
Switch On The Accordion
Edit your category page and click the checkbox to enable the accordion as shown in the video below.
Accordion FAQ Features
- Easy to enable on your chosen archive with a single click
- Can be applied to any archive page: e.g category, subcategory, tag, author or custom taxonomy archive
- Can also be applied to a page, a post or custom post
- No limit to the number of accordions on the site
- Can change fonts, colors, sizes and backgrounds of the questions and answers by applying your own custom classes, and you can use different custom classes on different accordions
- The plugin is efficient as it only loads the accordion script on the pages whether it is needed. You are probably only using this feature on one page on your site so the accordion script is only loaded on that one page