This tutorial shows you how to add a top bar to your site. The top bar will typically have a “call to action” which will be to click a link or make a phone call.
Install the Genesis Club Pro Plugin then click on the Top Bar menu option and follow the instructions shown in the video below. In this example, we have a call to action text and a button on larger devices, and simple clickable text link on smaller devices.
Top Bar Features and Options
- Full HTML Support
- Long Message for wider devices
- Short message for small devices
- Text color and background color
- Opener tab
- Bounce on arrival
- Delay before appearing
- Delay before disappearing
- Page level control – the top bar is displayed by default on posts and hidden by default on pages – however you can override the defaults on a page by page basis in the Post Editor Top Bar Control Settings section.
In this second video, we focus on a site whose primary purpose is to have the visitor make contact by telephone. The top bar provides a crystal clear mechanism to supply the telephone number to visitors using larger devices, while having an active “tap to call” or “click to call” button on mobile devices.