The Genesis Club Plugin now includes a post image gallery widget.
This image gallery widget has the following features:
- It is an enhanced version to the gallery shortcode in its behavior
- It appears only on single posts
- It shows a gallery of photos that are attached to the post
- The widget will typically be located in the sidebar, but could also be displayed in other widget areas – just drag the widget into the area your require
- You can control the photo size
- You can have a popup lightbox that allows you to view the entire gallery, one photo at a time
- You can exclude the featured image.
- You can control the number of photos you want to appear in the sidebar
Why Did We Build This Widget?
We have a client with a rental accommodation site who has articles on the site about each room. Each post has a large featured image at the top of the post. She wanted to have a gallery in the sidebar which showed the other dozen or so photos of the room. She wanted 3 photos to be visible in the sidebar but the user should be able to scroll through all photos in the lightbox. She did not want to repeat the featured image in the sidebar as it was already of the page.
How Do You Configure The Widget?
Go to Appearance > Widgets and drag a Genesis Club Post Image Gallery widget into the sidebar widget area and then apply the settings and Save.
The # Of Images To Show affects the number of images that appear in the sidebar. Note that if you have enabled the lightbox then all the images may be viewed, one at a time, in the lightbox.
Example Of Widget In Action
In this demo site originally based on Genesis News, you can see the gallery widget in the sidebar. Click on the gallery to expose the lightbox.