Often you will want to have a footer on landing pages. And if you have a video or image background on that page you will probably want the footer to be less obtrusive. You also may want less information or different information in that footer.
Pre-Requisite – A Footer Plugin
For this tutorial you will need either the free Footer Putter plugin or the premium Genesis Club Pro Plugin both of which allow you to do good things in the footer that build the site’s credibility.
Setting Up A Landing Page Footer
So what can you do is the following:
- Create a new menu called say Landing Menu and only add the pages you want to appear on landing pages
- Drag a new Footer Copyright widget into the Credibility Footer widget area
- Select Landing Menu as the menu
- Clear checkbox that spreads the footer over 2 lines as 1 line should be sufficient
- Clear checkboxes to hide the information such as address, telephone and email that you might want to hide on a landing page
- Clear checkbox, Show Return to Top Link if landing page is short. If it is a long form sales letter you might want a return to top link and maybe clear the checkbox that centers the footer in order that the return to top link is on the left and the menu and copyright is on the right
- Enter a pre-defined custom class small or tiny to make the text smaller
- Enter a pre-defined custom class of dark, light or white to create the right amount of contrast with the background. If none of these suit your landing page background then you will need to define your own class which you can enter in the same box
- Finally, click the Show Only On Landing Pages so that this footer widget is only displayed on landing pages