We have the first update to Genesis Club Lite this year with new features for tracking and social sharing.
Genesis Club Lite 1.17 Changelog
- Google Tag Manager support for both public and membership sites
- Added option for Clicky script addition for non logged in pages
- Added option to remove version numbers when loading script and stylesheets
- Added Facebook comments widget
- Added color options for labels and login button on WordPress login
- Added option for home page only script
- Added instance level class to Genesis Club widgets
- Added option to hide or show the top bar on taxonomy archive pages.
- Fix handling of first parameter in genesis_club_post_dates shortcode
- Updated simple social icons support to use SVG files rather than fonts
- Validated PHP 7 compatibility
- Updated for WordPress 4.8 and Genesis 2.5.2
- Consolidated breadcrumbs, postinfo, postmeta, excerpt images and sort order on to a single Display tab on archive pages
Google Tag Manager Support
Google Tag Manager is a tool that allows you to add your link tracking code on Google rather than embedding the tracking in the website itself.
The plugin gives you an easy way to include the tracking code for non-logged users. This means your own visits are excluded from the tracking results. If you are running a membership site then there is an option include member tracking: this will enable tracking for in users who are not subscribers, i.e. those not fulfilling the WordPress role of administrator, editor, author or contributor.
Clicky is a real time web analytics platform. It is good at excluding bots and referrer spam in its results. The plugin ensures you only enable Clicky tracking for public (not logged-in) visitors.
Facebook Comments Widget
If you want to use Facebook comments on your site rather than standard WordPress comments then you can drag a Genesis Club Facebook Comments into a widget area. You will likely want to use this on a landing page or sales page, to provide social proof of the interest in your offer. In the widget settings you can choose the number of comments to show and the sort order of comments.