This is an easy way to replace the text title of your site with a logo. So instead of having a site title and tagline, you place a mobile responsive clickable logo in the the “title area” of your site.
Create And Upload Your Logo
Firstly, create your logo. This will typically be a PNG file with a transparent background so you can use it on any solid or image background. The logo size is up to you, but a typical size would be 500px by 300px. You can host the logo image file anywhere: in your WordPress Media Library, on a CDN, Amazon S3 or just FTP it to wp-content/uploads. Then all you need is the URL of the logo image file.
Add Your Logo In The Site Title
Logo Replacement Features
- Logo has click through to home page
- Logo will be mobile responsive if your WordPress theme is too
- Logo container will use HTML5 markup if your theme supports it
- Logo image can be hosted anywhere
- The inserted HTML code will override any unwanted text-indentation and background that may be put there by your theme’s CSS
By using the logo in the site title, there will be no text title with <h1> tag on the home page. Therefore we strongly recommend you place a text widget on your home page which tells your visitors and search engines what the site is about, and place the term you want to rank for in the <h1> tags.
For example, on this site, there is the Home Top Widget area where we put the title: Build A Better WordPress® Site With DIYWebmastery and Genesis!